Recipe by Annacia
Creamy pudding with tender, sweet dried fruit and just a hint of nutmeg. This is dh's favorite.
Top Review by dogsandwoods
Oops. I didn't acclimate the eggs to the heat properly and they curdled. That said, this was still very yummy. Fresh blueberries were added at the end. Thank you for posting!
- 314.66 ml water
- 158.51 ml long-grain white rice
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 118.29 ml raisins (or mixed) or 118.29 ml dried blueberries (or mixed) or 118.29 ml dried cherries (or mixed)
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water and rice in medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover.
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in evaporated milk, fruit, sugar, vanilla extract, nutmeg and salt; bring to a boil.
- Stir a portion of rice mixture into the eggs.
- Add egg mixture to rice mixture; mix well with wire whisk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.