1/1 Photo of Jeweled Creamy Rice Pudding
Creamy pudding with tender, sweet dried fruit and just a hint of nutmeg. This is dh's favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 314.66 ml water
- 158.51 ml long-grain white rice
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 118.29 ml raisins (or mixed) or 118.29 ml dried blueberries (or mixed) or 118.29 ml dried cherries (or mixed)
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1Place water and rice in medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat to low; cover.
- 3Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 4Stir in evaporated milk, fruit, sugar, vanilla extract, nutmeg and salt; bring to a boil.
- 5Stir a portion of rice mixture into the eggs.
- 6Add egg mixture to rice mixture; mix well with wire whisk.
- 7Bring to a boil.
- 8Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jeweled Creamy Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 184.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 7.8 g