Recipe by Annacia
Creamy pudding with tender, sweet dried fruit and just a hint of nutmeg. This is dh's favorite.
Top Review by dogsandwoods
Oops. I didn't acclimate the eggs to the heat properly and they curdled. That said, this was still very yummy. Fresh blueberries were added at the end. Thank you for posting!
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or mixed) or 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries (or mixed) or 1⁄2 cup dried cherries (or mixed)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water and rice in medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover.
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in evaporated milk, fruit, sugar, vanilla extract, nutmeg and salt; bring to a boil.
- Stir a portion of rice mixture into the eggs.
- Add egg mixture to rice mixture; mix well with wire whisk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.