Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very fruity, very easy.
Make and share this Jeweled Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 12 ounces uncooked couscous
- 1 lemon, grated rind only
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces toasted sliced almonds
- 3 ounces dried apricots, chopped
- 2 ounces sultanas or 2 ounces golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Boil stock in a saucepan.
- Pour in the couscous in a thin stream and stir in lemon rind.
- Cover the pan, remove from heat and leave for 5 minutes, fluffing with a fork after 2 minutes.
- Drizzle over olive oil and stir in almonds, apricots, sultanas and parsley.
- Either serve immediately or cover with foil and keep warm in the oven for up to 30 minutes, or allow to cool, cover with plastic wrap and reheat in a microwave oven.
This was delicious and beautiful. It looked like I took a great deal of trouble to make, but was very easy and quick to prepare. I loved the taste of the apricots in this slightly sweet side dish. It tasted just as good cold the next day.
I liked the dish, for my personal tastes, I think I 'll use chicken broth next time (I think it will provide enough saltiness, without me having to add salt). I also added some of the juice of the lemon to off set some of the sweetness of the dried fruit. I really enjoyed the couscous and will make it again.