Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wow! Just made these today for the holidays!! They look and taste awesome! So pretty and just right for the holidays. They are from Taste of Home cooking. A runner-up in the cookie contest of dec/jan 04! (chilling time is included in prep time).
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 3⁄4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 cup seedless raspberry preserves, warmed
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolk, orange juice and almond extract.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in 3 cups of coconut.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 2-in. balls; roll in remaining coconut.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Fill each cookie with preserves.