Recipe by nemokitty
From the book Good Housekeeping One-Dish Meals.
Top Review by I'mPat
Well I always have couscous in the pantry, well up until last night I did but I did have just enough pearl couscous to cook up this jewel of recipe. I cooked the couscous in stock and then added the cooked couscous to the mushroom and onion mix and I did sub sultanas for the raisins. We thoroughly enjoyed this as a side to recipe #293927. Thank you nemokitty, made for Make My Recipe - Christmas Edition.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous
Directions See How It's Made
- In deep 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms, cook 3 minutes.
- While mushrooms are cooking, in 1 quart saucepan, heat broth and water to boiling over high heat.
- Stir beans, cranberries, raisins, sherry, salt, cinnamon and pepper into mushroom mixture. Remove skillet from heat.
- Add couscous to skillet; stir in hot broth. Cover and let mixture stand 5 minutes or till liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork before serving.