1/3 Photos of Jewel Roasted Vegetables
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 40 mins
This sweet and savory dish is from "The Food You Crave" book by Ellie Krieger. She's the host of the Food Network's "Healthy Appetite" show. You can add or subtract whatever veggies you like or have on hand...in the photos I posted, I added turnips and squash.
My Private Note
1 1/3 c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Put the beets into a small baking dish and rub them with one tablespoon of the oil. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and roast for 30 minutes.
- 3White the beets are roasting, peel and cut the carrots into 1-inch-thick rounds, and trim the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half lengthwise. Put the carrots, sprouts and garlic cloves in a large baking dish and toss with the remaining two tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4After the beets have been cooking for 30 minutes, add the large pan of vegetables to the oven separately, and cook everything for one hour more, stirring the vegetable mixture once or twice.
- 5Remove the beets from the oven and transfer them to a cutting board to cool. Stir the thyme into the carrot and Brussels sprout mixture and let it continue to cook for another 10 minutes while the beets are cooled and cut.
- 6When the beets are cool enough to handle, after about five minutes, peel, then cut them into 1-inch chunks. Remove the other vegetables from the oven, toss with the beets, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jewel Roasted Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.5
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 322.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 4.8 g