Recipe by Baby Chevelle
These tasty bars are a delight to serve. The combination of sweet and salty is a delight, and the combination of colored candied cherries, gives it the Christmas appeal. A great addition to your holiday tray, and different.Very fast and easy to bake.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups salted mixed nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups candied cherries, green and red
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar;cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat egg. Add salt and remaining brown sugar.
- Stir in nuts, cherries and chocolate chips.
- Spoon evenly over crust.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.