1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
These treats are named after my two favorite doggies in the world: My dog, jet, and my best friend's dog, Zoey. They are named after them because they share the same colors as Jet and Zoey (Brown and caramel for Zoey, dark brown and light brown for Jet). They are simply delicious...for dogs, that is.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, oil, and eggs. Now split the mixture into 2 equal bits. (It is okay if it is a bit dry, you'll add water later.) Take one of these for the Jets and one for the Zoeys.
- 2For the Jets: Take all of dough and put it in a mixing bowl. Combine with the coconut milk, stirring well. Now split the dough into two equal pieces. Put one of the pieces in a separate mixing bowl. With the piece that you put in the other mixing bowl, combine half of the melted carob. For best results, melt the carob right before this happens. Stir until no extra carob can be seen. Keep the other half of the dough plain.
- 3For the Zoeys: Add the water to the dough and stir it in well. Split the dough into halves, like you did with the Jets. Mix one half with the peanut butter, and the other half with the remaining carob. Be sure they are well combined.
- 4Roll the coconut dough out until it is at a 1/4 inch thickness. On a seperate sheet, roll out the carob dough to an equal thickness. Lay the carob sheet on top of the coconut, trimming any uneven edges. Cut the dough in half lengthwise. roll each half up so that the end looks like a spiral. Now, being careful not to wiggle the knife (as this will ruin the spiral pattern), cut the roll into half-inch thick coins.
- 5Set the coins out onto a baking sheet, 1/2 an inch apart. If you wish, you can put a carob chip or a few coconut shreds on top of each cookie. Now do the same thing with the other roll. Put the cookies in to bake. While they bake, do the same procedure with the Zoeys. This time, you can put a peanut half or a carob chip on top for decorations. After about 10 minutes, flip the cookies over and bake the other side. When this side has baked for 10 minutes, check to see if you can still stick a toothpick through the cookie. If you can, bake them for a bit longer.
- 6Take the Jets out and allow them to cool and settle for about an hour while the Zoeys bake. When you are done baking the Zoeys, set them out for an hour. Yum, yum! A delicious treat for any dog!
Nutritional Facts for Jets and Zoeys
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.5
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 18.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: