Recipe by JessieGirl
Probably real similar to many Taco Salad recipes out there, but made some changes for my fiance and hope everyone can enjoy it as we do! We eat this as a main course fast meal, so the serving size is an estimate. Goes great for informal parties too! *Sometimes I let the meat cool down and sometimes I mix everything while hot! *The Taco Bell Medium Taco Sauce gives it a little heat. I have prepared it with mild and medium and I prefer the medium blend. *I use about 4/5 of the lettuce shreds but use your own judgement. I have used the whole bag before, I just find that after you refrigerate the more lettuce you have used the more soggy it is going to seem. *Add tomatoes if you choose - my fiance is not a fan of tomatoes so I've never made it with tomatoes.
Top Review by Johnsdeere
In our house we call this one Dorrito taco salad. :) This is a yummy salad that everyone seems to look forward to. We have been known to add a can of kidney beans to the meat while it's cooking and it adds to the dish nicely. Low fat way to bulk up the protein. My husband typically uses ranch dressing with this one and I personally like italian dressing...it adds a nice tang to it...and surprisingly it tastes really nice with it. :) You should give it a shot. I'm happy to see this on here. :)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packetstaco bell taco seasoning
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) bag lettuce, shreds
- 2 cups shredded taco blend cheese
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) canssliced black olives (drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfamily size nacho cheese flavor Doritos
- 8 ounces Catalina dressing
- 8 ounces taco bell medium taco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef with onions.
- Drain excess fat/oil from the pan leaving appx. 2 tablespoons.
- Add taco seasoning and mix well with remaining oil.
- Set aside to cool if you desire.
- Open Doritos enough to release air and crunch them up.
- Start adding remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl. (I use one with
- a lid for storage).
- I usually add lettuce, then black olives, then cheese, and then Doritos.
- After meat has cooled (your preference), add meat to mix.
- Stir well.
- Add Catalina Dressing and Taco Sauce and stir well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later. ENJOY!