1/1 Photo of Jessie's Taco Salad
Probably real similar to many Taco Salad recipes out there, but made some changes for my fiance and hope everyone can enjoy it as we do! We eat this as a main course fast meal, so the serving size is an estimate. Goes great for informal parties too! *Sometimes I let the meat cool down and sometimes I mix everything while hot! *The Taco Bell Medium Taco Sauce gives it a little heat. I have prepared it with mild and medium and I prefer the medium blend. *I use about 4/5 of the lettuce shreds but use your own judgement. I have used the whole bag before, I just find that after you refrigerate the more lettuce you have used the more soggy it is going to seem. *Add tomatoes if you choose - my fiance is not a fan of tomatoes so I've never made it with tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets taco bell taco seasoning
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) bag lettuce, shreds
- 2 cups shredded taco blend cheese
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans sliced black olives (drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag family size nacho cheese flavor Doritos
- 8 ounces Catalina dressing
- 8 ounces taco bell medium taco sauce
- 1Brown the ground beef with onions.
- 2Drain excess fat/oil from the pan leaving appx. 2 tablespoons.
- 3Add taco seasoning and mix well with remaining oil.
- 4Set aside to cool if you desire.
- 5Open Doritos enough to release air and crunch them up.
- 6Start adding remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl. (I use one with
- 7a lid for storage).
- 8I usually add lettuce, then black olives, then cheese, and then Doritos.
- 9After meat has cooled (your preference), add meat to mix.
- 10Stir well.
- 11Add Catalina Dressing and Taco Sauce and stir well.
- 12Serve immediately or refrigerate for later. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Taste/Mood Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jessie's Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 939.8
- Calories from Fat 555
- Total Fat 61.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 105.0 mg
- Sodium 1327.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 36.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
taco blend cheese