Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My friend Jessie, who is Malaysian moved to Norway some years ago. She sent me this recipe today and I will give it a try. Jessie says its very tasty. She halves the sugar if using sweet apples.
- 100 g margarine
- 180 g sugar (I halve it as some apples are sweet)
- 1 egg
- 250 g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 15 ml milk
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and cut into wedges (1 apple makes about 8 wedges)
- Beat the margarine and sugar till creamy. Beat in the egg.
- Sift the baking powder together with flour. Mix in the flour and milk a little at a time until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into a greased round baking tin. Stick the wedges into the batter all over in a circular pattern.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon powder and sugar on top before baking at 180C in about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Serve warm with ice-cream or whipped cream and coffee.
- Note: Green apples (granny smith) would be better as it has a little sour taste but any type of apples will do too.