Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My sister's MIL has been making this recipe for years. She cuts the frozen treats in squares and wraps them in plastic wrap. They aren't overly sweet and very refreshing when you've spent time in the hot Texas sun.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 2⁄3 cups bananas, mashed (use very ripe ones)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all the ingredients and pour into a 9" square pan.Freeze until set. I usually precut the squares when the fruit is semi set up, this will make them easier to slice through when completely solid. Cook time is for freezing.