Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Bought a small deep fryer and thought I would try making some of my favorites that I have had in some restaurants. I took some to work and my co-workers thought they were pretty fabulous! I am not a huge fan of any seafood, but I LOVE these! A lot of these ingredients will be adjusted to your taste... Not your traditional crab rangoon either! The crescents give them a flakier, softer crust which I thought was fantastic, especially with the garlic butter flavor! I had left over mixture so I made a small crab cheese ball for my bartender too!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ounce imitation crabmeat (however more or less you'd like)
- 1⁄8 cup onion (To taste, white or green)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (to taste)
- 8 count crescent rolls (bought Garlic Butter for extra flavor)
- Can use more or less of any ingredient in this recipe. Servings are large, but full of deliciousness!
- Set cream cheese out to soften.
- Mince the crab meat and onions.
- Mix crab meat, onions and cream cheese until mixture looks about equal.
- Add in powders, salt, parmesan, pepper and mix to taste.
- Unroll crescents. I left them in rectangle shape, where two of them were still connected. (This is why they were large.).
- Spoon mix onto one side of crescent and spread out about 1/4 from sides, end to end making thick as other crescent will fit.
- Remove other half of the two crescents and stretch lightly to ensure that it will cover mix on other crescent.
- Pinch around entire edge to "seal" the two together. Repeat for other 3 crescents.
- Fry until roll is completely cooked. My little deep fryer heats up to 400 degrees and they took about 3-5 minutes per side.