You can't tell this meatloaf uses oatmeal instead of bread crumbs, very yummy! Use either regular or quick oats.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sauce ingredients, set aside until meatloaf is halfway cooked.
- Beat eggs; stir in milk, oats, sage, salt, onion and optional celery. Mix into ground beef. NOTE: Traditional meatloaf has double the salt; we like this recipe as is, but you may season to your own tastes by increasing salt or adding pepper.
- Place in 9" X 9" pan, leaving 1/2" empty border (makes it easy to remove any grease later).
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cover with sauce and bake an additional 30 minutes (still uncovered) at 350 degrees.
- Immediately remove any grease standing in the border.