1/1 Photo of Jessica's Marshmallow Clouds
These are a most unusual cookie in that the cookie dough is wrapped around frozen miniature marshmallows. I have made this for teachers, my husbands co-workers, funeral food, etc. and haven't had anyone not love them. The recipe comes from Mrs. Fields Cookie Book (1992).
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (12 ounce) cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces miniature marshmallows, frozen
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Until you are ready to assemble the cookies just prior to baking, keep the marshmallows in the freezer- otherwise they will thaw too rapidly.
- 3Place the marshmallows back into the freezer between each batch of cookies.
- 4In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Combine sugars in a large bowl.
- 7Using an electric mixer, blend in butter, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- 8Add eggs and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 9Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips, and blend at a low speed until combined.
- 10Batter will be very stiff.
- 11Gather 4-5 frozen marshallows in the palm of your hand and cover them with a heaping tablespoon of dough.
- 12Wrap the dough around the marshmallows, completely encasing them and forming a 2-inch diameter ball.
- 13Place balls on ungreased baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- 14Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- 15Cool on pan 2 minutes, then transfer to a cool flat surface.
Nutritional Facts for Jessica's Marshmallow Clouds
Serving Size: 1 (2109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2555.6
- Calories from Fat 1062
- Total Fat 118.0 g
- Saturated Fat 70.8 g
- Cholesterol 245.7 mg
- Sodium 781.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 389.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.0 g
- Sugars 264.1 g
- Protein 27.9 g