These amazing baked tuna patties were discovered when the kids were hungry and it was the night before grocery day! I had to do what I could with what we had to avoid getting a "We want (fill in the blank with a fast food restaurant)!" protest from the kids. I made these babies off the top of my head and they were an instant hit. The kids loved them, I loved them, and I was easily able to hide the carrots in them from my husband, so he loved them too!
- 3 (15 ounce) cans tuna in water (drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned sliced carrots (mashed with a fork)
- 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- lemon pepper (to taste)
- Pre-Heat Oven to 375.
- Spread oil over bottom of pan (any metal pan should work, I used a pizza pan that has a lip on it).
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Divide mixture into 8 equal parts.
- Form mixture into patties and place on the pan.
- Bake patties for 10 minutes.
- Turn patties over. (Be careful they may fall apart easily.).
- Continue to bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until they start to brown.
- Remove and let them sit for 5 minutes to firm.