Recipe by rileyk2
Who doesn't love a bowl of hot chili on a cold fall day? My friend whipped this up in less than a half hour after a quick trip to the grocery story and I was AMAZED by how good it was. The most amazing part is that groceries themselves cost less than $10. Served best with a bit of shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream and some corn tortilla rounds.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 large onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package chili seasoning mix (generic/store brand worked great for us)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (we used diced tomatoes with green chillies)
- chili powder, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, saute garlic and onion in oil until onions become slightly tender.
- Add ground turkey, stir occasionally until cooked throughout.
- Once cooked add remaining ingredients (be sure NOT to drain canned items), stirring after each item is added.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or so, until heated through and flavors are well blended.