1/1 Photo of Jessica's Easy Turkey and Black Bean Chili
Who doesn't love a bowl of hot chili on a cold fall day? My friend whipped this up in less than a half hour after a quick trip to the grocery story and I was AMAZED by how good it was. The most amazing part is that groceries themselves cost less than $10. Served best with a bit of shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream and some corn tortilla rounds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 large onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package chili seasoning mix (generic/store brand worked great for us)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (we used diced tomatoes with green chillies)
- 1In a large pot, over medium-high heat, saute garlic and onion in oil until onions become slightly tender.
- 2Add ground turkey, stir occasionally until cooked throughout.
- 3Once cooked add remaining ingredients (be sure NOT to drain canned items), stirring after each item is added.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or so, until heated through and flavors are well blended.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jessica's Easy Turkey and Black Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.9
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 89.6 mg
- Sodium 930.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix