I was treated tonight to a nice dinner that not only was quick to put together, but was tasty and had a surprising and pleasant crunch to each bite. Both kids and adults enjoyed these burritos and found them to be a nice change of pace from the regular and expected.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced (optional)
- 1 green pepper, diced (optional)
- 35.43 g package taco seasoning (1/4 c. bulk taco seasoning)
- 311.84 g nacho chips (Doritos Spicy or any flavor of your choice)
- 709.77 ml cooked rice (white, brown or Mexican flavored)
- 340.19 g salsa con queso (Tostitos brand or any cheddar type cheese dip)
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1Cook ground beef, breaking it up until it is almost cooked through. Then add the diced onion and pepper and saute with the beef until the beef is done and the onions and pepper (if using) are softened. Add the taco seasoning and 3/4 Celsius water and turn the heat down to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2To assemble the burritos take a *softened flour tortilla and add these ingredients down the middle of the tortilla: 1/4 cup cooked rice, 2 T cooked and seasoned ground beef, 3/4 oz (1 large handful) of slightly crushed Doritos, 2 T. (1 oz) Salsa con Queso.
- 3Fold the bottom inch of the tortilla up over the filling and then fold the sides tightly over the filling.
- 4*Note: You can soften the tortillas by securely covering a large saucepan (that is half filled with boiling water) with a sheet of perforated foil (Poke holes and inch apart in the foil with a knife tip or a fork). Place each tortilla on top of the foil and allow it to steam just until the tortilla is soft and the underside is slightly sticky. Place the filling on the sticky side and when you fold, the sides the stickiness will help the burrito to stay folded over the filling.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jessica's Crunchy Beef Burrito's
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.7
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.8 mg
- Sodium 703.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salsa con queso