Recipe by cellogirl2
I know it seems like this recipe doesn't make very many cookies, but it's because they're so big!
Top Review by loof
Yummy cookies! You're right, making them the way the recipe states makes them huge, but they're good that way! I had to cook mine an extra 2 minutes and they still came out nice and chewy. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl beat shortening and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, and baking soda.
- Beat until mixture is combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer.
- Stir in any remaining flour.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough with a 1/4 cup measure about 4 inches apart.
- Bake in a 375˚ oven for 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.