Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From Self magazine
Top Review by lkperez02
**I made some minor changes.... We left out olives and cilantro. Topped with some fresh cut tomato and avocado over the sour cream and salsa.
**Serve with yellow spanish rice. This was a huge hit!
**Also when Baking, cover with tinfoil so they don't dry out!
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 5 oz each)
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-fat monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) cantraditional enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- Mexican hot sauce
- cayenne pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches across)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°.
- In a medium pot, boil stock, chicken, jalapeño and garlic 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Strain chicken, run cold water over it and shred into a bowl.
- Mix in salsa and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine cheddar, 1/4 cup Monterey Jack, cilantro and olives; set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine enchilada sauces and add Mexican hot sauce and cayenne to taste.
- Stir until simmering.
- Set aside.
- Coat an 11" x 13" casserole pan with nonstick spray.
- Microwave tortillas 20 seconds.
- Place small handfuls of cheese mixture and chicken in center of each tortilla, roll up and place in pan, seam side down.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.
- Ladle on sauce, then add remaining 1/4 cup Monterey Jack.
- Bake 20 minutes. Serve with remaining sauce on the side.