Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delicious bundt cake full of berries and REAL BUTTER.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup all-fruit blueberry preserves
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a standard bundt-cake pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 15-20 minutes, remove from pan to dish or plate.
- Melt together preserves, water, key-lime juice, and butter for glaze.
- Make criss-cross incisions in the cake top. Slowly drizzle glaze into/onto cake.
- Allow to set for at least 4 hours before serving. (Optimumly, serve after setting for 12 hours).