1/2 Photos of Jerusalem Sweet-Hot Noodle Casserole/ Yerushalmi Kugel
1 hr 20 mins
This is a very unique dish that can be found all over Jerusalem. It is a noodle casserole with carmelized sugar and lots of black pepper. Serve this warm as a different kind of side dish. I originally got this recipe from a community cookbook that was given to me along with all the other brides that got married that same year. Recipe is from Susie Gale with only a minor change.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook and drain noodles except for about 3 tablespoons of water. Cover and set aside.
- 2Boil the white sugar and oil. When the oil begins to separate and turn a deep brown and mushroom up a bit add the noodles stirring constantly. Make sure all the noodles turn brown.
- 3Mix in eggs, cinnamon, brown sugar, salt and pepper again stirring constantly.
- 4Pour noodle mixture into baking pan and bake at 375 for about an hour or until the top is slightly crispy.
- 5Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jerusalem Sweet-Hot Noodle Casserole/ Yerushalmi Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.5
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.8 mg
- Sodium 127.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 5.6 g