1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I tried many variations and finally came up with what I thought was 'just right'. So naturally, I lost the final recipe! Hope this one is the winner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta according to al dente directions of package. Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain well. Place in pot or bowl.
- 2Prepare caramel by heating 1/3 cup of oil and 1/3 cup of sugar in a small non-stick pan or pot. Cook on high flame, stirring continually with a wooden or candy spoon until the sugar is completely melted and looks like a dark brown liquid.
- 3Pour hot caramel over the noodles stirring with wooden spoon.
- 4Add eggs, 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, and black pepper to noodles. Toss well.
- 5Transfer to a greased casserole and cover with a lid or foil. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes in preheated oven 350 degrees.
- 6To serve, turn out onto a serving plate and slice as a cake.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jerusalem Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.6
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 24.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 5.8 g