Recipe by baezus
I tried many variations and finally came up with what I thought was 'just right'. So naturally, I lost the final recipe! Hope this one is the winner!
- 12 ounces thin pasta (angel hair or thin spaghetti)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to al dente directions of package. Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain well. Place in pot or bowl.
- Prepare caramel by heating 1/3 cup of oil and 1/3 cup of sugar in a small non-stick pan or pot. Cook on high flame, stirring continually with a wooden or candy spoon until the sugar is completely melted and looks like a dark brown liquid.
- Pour hot caramel over the noodles stirring with wooden spoon.
- Add eggs, 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, and black pepper to noodles. Toss well.
- Transfer to a greased casserole and cover with a lid or foil. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes in preheated oven 350 degrees.
- To serve, turn out onto a serving plate and slice as a cake.