Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick & easy veggie dish add salt & pepper to your liking and any other spices you fancy like oregano, parsley or Italian spice blend. Use your own imagination.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced cleaned jerusalem artichokes (1/4" slices)
- 20 baby carrots, cleaned
- 16 Brussels sprouts, cleaned & cut in half
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled,sliced
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup water or 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- Heat you wok or skillet.
- Lightly spray with oil.
- Add carrots and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and steam until the veggies are cooked to your liking.
- (I usually only steam for 6 minutes but this leaves them quite crisp).
- Watch that the wine has not all evaporated and your veggies get seared on the bottom before you finish steaming them add a bit more wine as necessary.
Hi Bergy; I have a small area where I grow Jerusalem Artichokes. This year they grew so well. Dug up a batch yesterday and they are just beautiful, clean and a real nice size. Then what to do with them besides the standard, sliced and light fried in butter and olive oil. Found your recipe and WOW, what a great Veggie Mix. Besides, my DW got some brussels sprouts for me and this worked in just super great. I did add some oregano and Italian Spice Blend along with some fresh garlic. I will be making this again as I have loads of artichokes. However, I must try your other recipes, Jerusalem Artichokes with Parmesan and Jerusalem Artichoke Stir Fry. Thanks BIG loads for your delightful recipes. "Uncle Bill"
Great recipe! Quick and easy to make. Love the combination of flavors and textures. I got sunchoke from my organic produce delivery company (California!), and also added some wild mushrooms to the recipe. Ran out of white wine, but next time will definitely use it -- I'm sure it'll be a nice touch!