Recipe by Bergy
Quick & easy veggie dish add salt & pepper to your liking and any other spices you fancy like oregano, parsley or Italian spice blend. Use your own imagination.
Top Review by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
Hi Bergy; I have a small area where I grow Jerusalem Artichokes. This year they grew so well. Dug up a batch yesterday and they are just beautiful, clean and a real nice size. Then what to do with them besides the standard, sliced and light fried in butter and olive oil. Found your recipe and WOW, what a great Veggie Mix. Besides, my DW got some brussels sprouts for me and this worked in just super great. I did add some oregano and Italian Spice Blend along with some fresh garlic. I will be making this again as I have loads of artichokes. However, I must try your other recipes, Jerusalem Artichokes with Parmesan and Jerusalem Artichoke Stir Fry. Thanks BIG loads for your delightful recipes. "Uncle Bill"
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced cleaned jerusalem artichokes (1/4" slices)
- 20 baby carrots, cleaned
- 16 Brussels sprouts, cleaned & cut in half
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled,sliced
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup water or 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat you wok or skillet.
- Lightly spray with oil.
- Add carrots and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and steam until the veggies are cooked to your liking.
- (I usually only steam for 6 minutes but this leaves them quite crisp).
- Watch that the wine has not all evaporated and your veggies get seared on the bottom before you finish steaming them add a bit more wine as necessary.