Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a First Nation's recipe and it is very good. Please do not confuse Jerusalem Artichokes with regular Artichokes. Jerusalem chokes are a root tuber and a great veggie to stir fry or have raw in a salad. Once you have them in your garden they will be there to stay. Prolific producers.
- 2 lbs jerusalem artichokes, well scrubbed
- 3 cups water
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- salt and pepper
- Bring water to a boil add artichokes and simmer for 40 minutes or until tender Drain& discard the water, cool artichokes and peel, then mash.
- Place mashed artichokes back into the saucepan stir in the chicken broth, garlic, and green onions Simmer for 15 minutes season to taste.
- garnish with dill& serve.
The soup is like nothing ive ever tasted before. Pleasant/However i added two potatoes to the it. WHich worked out really well