Recipe courtesy Blair Laing, executive chef of Jersey's Cafe in Carmel, IN. From the show Diners, Drive-ins and Dives - Episode: Favorites With A Twist This was scaled down from a bulk restaurant recipe. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups rolled oats (organic preferred)
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, roasted and salted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut (can use sweetened-might want to reduce honey by a tbls. or so)
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups butter (or canola oil)
- 2 1/2 cups honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, wheat germ, walnuts, almonds, pecans, cranberries, sunflower seeds, blueberries, cherries, raisins, coconut, salt, and cinnamon.
- 3Place a metal mixing bowl on top of a stockpot with some hot water over medium heat. Add the butter and honey to the mixing bowl and allow the butter to melt. Remove from heat, add the vanilla, and stir.
- 4Combine the wet ingredients with the dry and stir to coat thoroughly. If the mixture appears wet, add more rolled oats, 1/2 cup at a time. Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- 5Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to cook evenly, adjusting the oven temperature if it's getting too dark. Allow the granola to cool completely, and then break apart any large pieces that are stuck together.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jersey's Fruit and Nuts Granola
Serving Size: 1 (3064 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.2
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 307.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 45.5 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: