Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 38 mins
Recipe courtesy Blair Laing, executive chef of Jersey's Cafe in Carmel, IN. From the show Diners, Drive-ins and Dives - Episode: Favorites With A Twist This was scaled down from a bulk restaurant recipe. Enjoy!
- 8 cups rolled oats (organic preferred)
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, roasted and salted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut (can use sweetened-might want to reduce honey by a tbls. or so)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (or canola oil)
- 2 1⁄2 cups honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, wheat germ, walnuts, almonds, pecans, cranberries, sunflower seeds, blueberries, cherries, raisins, coconut, salt, and cinnamon.
- Place a metal mixing bowl on top of a stockpot with some hot water over medium heat. Add the butter and honey to the mixing bowl and allow the butter to melt. Remove from heat, add the vanilla, and stir.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry and stir to coat thoroughly. If the mixture appears wet, add more rolled oats, 1/2 cup at a time. Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to cook evenly, adjusting the oven temperature if it's getting too dark. Allow the granola to cool completely, and then break apart any large pieces that are stuck together.
I always enjoy trying a new granola recipe, yours included, & when it combines raisins & cranberries, in my book, that's just about as close to heaven as I can get at the moment! An absolutely delightful granola, & I followed the recipe right on down! Definitely a keeper! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]