Messy Kitchen Maid's Note:
This takes a little work but it's worth it.. garlic is at your discretion.If your squimish about handling lobsters or crabs,maybe you can ask your mishmonger to clean them for you.Serve over linguine with a nice green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean crabs by covering them with slightly hot water.
- 2Leave 5 minutes to anestheize crabs.
- 3Remove back shell,lungs and rinse.
- 4In a large spagehetti pot add 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/3 garlic.Saute 1 minute on low.
- 5Add 6 crabs and 1 teaspoon oregano.Saute 1 minute ,toss and add 1/3 can tomatoes.
- 6Repeat this process another 2 times until all crabs are added.
- 7Add wine or clam broth.
- 8Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- 9Remove crabs to platter.
- 10Squeeze lemon and add to pot along with remaining oregano.
- 11Pour sauce over crabs on platter.
- 12Serve with linguine.
Browse Our Top Northeastern U.S. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Northeastern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jersey Shore Garlic Crabs
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.6
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 388.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 25.9 g