Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great salad from Simon Rimmer of Green vegetarian Restaurant in Manchester. You can make this out of season using Anya potatoes
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon golden caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 750 g cooked jersey royal potatoes
- 250 g radishes
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cups watercress or 4 cups salad leaves, of your choice
- To make the dressing place the yolk, sugar and mustard in a bowl and beat together. Beat in the oil slowly until the mixture thickens to a mayo consistency. Once at this stage whisk in the lemon juice and oregano.
- slice the radishes and halve the potatoes. Place in a bowl with the onion and add half the dressing - mix well.
- Gently mix in the watercress or greens and serve with crusty bread and extra dressing.