1/2 Photos of Jersey Disco Fries
Kristine at Food.com's Note:
A Jersey diner staple -- great for when you're feeling extra sinful or late at night when you need to sober up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Arrange steak fries in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. baking sheet.
- 3Salt and pepper as desired.
- 4Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. (Check the frozen fries' packaging for alternate baking directions).
- 5About 5 minutes before the fries are finished baking, pour the gravy in a small pot and warm on the stove over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- 6Empty the cheese sauce in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with a sheet of paper towel (to protect against splattering). Heat the sauce on high for 30 seconds, then stop and stir the sauce.
- 7Repeat microwaving the cheese sauce on high for 30-second intervals for about 2 to 3 total minutes. (You want to heat it enough that it becomes easily pourable).
- 8Take fries out of the oven and place on a large platter.
- 9Pour gravy over the fries.
- 10Then pour on the cheese sauce. Add as much cheese and gravy as you want -- some like their disco fries drier; others like them drowning.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jersey Disco Fries
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.5
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 81.8 mg
- Sodium 5200.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
steak-style French fries