Recipe by Baby Kato
This is one of my husband's favourite meals. What can I say about the glaze...You'll see. I hope you like this as much as our family does. For extra flavour double the glaze and marinate overnight.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pork loin roast, boneless
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme (or 3 large sprigs fresh thyme)
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice (may substitute sweet cider)
- 2 tablespoons honey, liquid
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoe ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and dry pork.
- Cut loin halfway through into serveral thick slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Insert thyme into cut slices.
- Combine glaze ingredients.
- Grill roast or broil for 1 hour, turning over and basting often with glaze.
- We like this with roasted or baked sweet potatoes, corn on the cob and thick slices of watermelon.