Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I coined the name of this soup many years ago when my friend, Jerry Liu, owned the Hunan Garden restaurant in the northern Chicago suburbs. He told me it was healthy, hence the name. It's exceptionally easy to make.
- 1 quart chicken stock, preferably home made chinese
- white pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) package medium firm tofu, sliced
- 1 firm tomatoes, cut in wedges
- spinach or watercress, torn up
- 3 drops sesame oil
- Bring stock to boil, seasoned to taste with salt, pepper, garlic powder.
- Stir in the spinach and tofu.
- Bring back to boil; slowly stir in egg to form egg drop.
- Stir in the tomato.
- Put a few drops of sesame oil in each bowl.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
This was very tasty .I had it for lunch, Topped it with a thin slice of lemon for effect.