Recipe by SoulofaJedi
I got this recipe from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel back in 1999, and it's been a family favorite since then. It's always been on of our most requested recipes. It's a favorite for any cook out or potluck.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 11 x 8 baking dish with vegetable spray.
- Pour all of the beans and their liquids into dish.
- Add onion.
- Add bell pepper.
- Add ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire and garlic powder. Stir gently, but thoroughly, until well mixed.
- Bake beans 30 to 35 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and onion and pepper are tender.
- Serve at once or cover with foil and leave in the warm oven until ready to serve.