Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from e-How.com . The recipe is adapted from Real Simple Magazine. The recipe calls for one pouch of microwavable white rice.
- 12 ounces microwavable MINUTE White Rice
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup raisins
- Following the directions on the pouch, zap the rice. Let cool slightly and pour it in a large bowl.
- Add the ice cream and cinnamon, stir well.
- Add the raisins, stir well.
- Scoop mixture into separate serving bowls, adding more ice cream, cinnamon and raisins on top, if desired. Serve warm during fourth quarter. Touchdown!
- Tips & Warnings:.
- According to Real Simple, this recipe also works with any flavor of ice cream and recommends rum raisin and dulce de leche. I would add butter pecan to that list.
- Instead of cinnamon, the recipe says you can use a few drops of vanilla extract, pistachios or crystallized ginger.
- Watch out when you open that pouch. That rice will be hotter'n Jerry on Dancing with the Stars!