Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
This is from a very old Chicago Tribune clipping. Jerome's was a popular north side restaurant. I'd always buy some of these crisp cookies whenever I went to the restaurant.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄4 lb margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups pecans
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Cream sugars, butter and margarine.
- Blend in eggs.
- Sift together salt, baking soda and flour in another bowl.
- Blend flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated 350°F for about 12 minutes or until pale golden.