Recipe by Tar Hill Lady
This is a recipe that came from the Ladies Ministries Organization of Pickens Church Of God. I tried it at Chtistmas for a family dinner and everyone loved it.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
WOW!!! This is SO TOTALLY ADDICTIVE!!! Gosh, now on this is one of my sinful favourite comfort foods;-)! I substituted the evaporated milk with Virtually fat-free milk to make this slightly guilt-free. Also, I used margarine instead of butter. I did not use nuts at all. I really LOVE the creamy icing of these cookies. These cookies remind me of my Biology professor in High School, Mr. Jerome who gave me a hard time in his classes. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe and for bringing back some savoury memories!
- whole graham cracker
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 9x13 inch pan with whole graham crackers.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add sugar.
- Beat eggs and evaporated milk.
- Add to butter and sugar mixture, bring to a boil, stirring continually.
- Add nuts and coconut.
- Add graham cracker crumbs to mixture.
- Pour over crackers in pan and put a layer of whole crackers on top.
- Icing: Mix together powdered sugar, melted butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Spread over the top.
- Then chill and cut into squares.