5 hrs 10 mins
sweet hot and spicy Also very easy to make
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml onion powder
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 9.85 ml cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 453.59 g sirloin tip steak, sliced into 1/8 inch strips
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 158.51 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml teriyaki sauce
- 59.14 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 78.07 ml balsamic vinegar
- 73.94 ml liquid smoke flavoring
- 118.29 ml pineapple juice
- 4.92 ml red pepper flakes (optional)
- 11.In a small bowl or cup, mix together the onion powder, garlic powder, and some cracked black pepper. Season the meat lightly, using only part of the mixture. Reserve the remaining spices. Place into an airtight plastic container or bowl, and refrigerate.
- 22.In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together the brown sugar, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, liquid smoke flavoring and pineapple juice. Heat until the brown sugar has completely dissolved. Refrigerate marinade until cool.
- 33.Pour cooled marinade over the seasoned meat, and mix by hand to coat. Seal the bowl, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 44.Arrange the beef strips on the rack of a dehydrator, and sprinkle with a little bit more of the spice mixture and red pepper flakes if using. Dry for 5 hours, or to your desired dryness.
- 5I dont have DEHYDRATOR so i put them on cooling racks in the oven on the lowest setting for the 5+ hrs works just fine.
Nutritional Facts for Jerky Lovers Jerky
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.1
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 85.2 mg
- Sodium 3616.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 30.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
liquid smoke flavoring