Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
sweet hot and spicy Also very easy to make
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb sirloin tip steak, sliced into 1/8 inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1.In a small bowl or cup, mix together the onion powder, garlic powder, and some cracked black pepper. Season the meat lightly, using only part of the mixture. Reserve the remaining spices. Place into an airtight plastic container or bowl, and refrigerate.
- 2.In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together the brown sugar, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, liquid smoke flavoring and pineapple juice. Heat until the brown sugar has completely dissolved. Refrigerate marinade until cool.
- 3.Pour cooled marinade over the seasoned meat, and mix by hand to coat. Seal the bowl, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 4.Arrange the beef strips on the rack of a dehydrator, and sprinkle with a little bit more of the spice mixture and red pepper flakes if using. Dry for 5 hours, or to your desired dryness.
- I dont have DEHYDRATOR so i put them on cooling racks in the oven on the lowest setting for the 5+ hrs works just fine.
This was so yummy and easy to do. The only thing is there wasn't enough... I think I'll have to quadruple the recipe next time :)