Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a South African recipe posted for ZWT 7.
- 3.25 (3 5/8 ounce) packages beef jerky, any style
- 2 ounces dried apricots
- 2 ounces dried plums or 2 ounces prunes
- Cut jerky strips into bite-sized pieces (½- to 1-inch).
- Put the pieces in a sandwich bag then add the dried fruit.
- Carry to work or school as traditional South African snack.
This is sweet and salty, but it was just a bit sticky....I'd have to lick my fingers after every bite. I used dried apricots and prunes, and beef jerkey. The beef jerkey I found was already cut into bite sized pieces. Very easy to make, and I can see someone taking this on a trek across Africa.
What a treat! There's nothing better than "sweet and salty" in my book, and this is it, without those colored little candies, (you know -- ;) .
DH will be taking this on the trail this Fall on his trips. It's delicious and so super easy to make. Thanks Nasseh, this is a keeper! Made for ZWT 7 - Shady Ladies