Recipe by mmlwjr
This is an exceptional recipe that I make every hunting season. If there is a season for this (thought there were only 4 but actually there are 6) don't forget fishing season!!! As for the servings, it is hard to say how many depending on how much you make.
- 5 lbs lean beef or 5 lbs moose or 5 lbs venison, works for all
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves, if you like garlic
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the marinade together and add the meat. Refrigerate for 6-12 hours.
- Drain on paper towel, then lay strips on oven racks or if you have a dehydrator on the shelves.
- Dry meat till it is still bendable not crunchy--keep checking; It should be about 6-9 hours depending on the thickness of the meat.
- If using an oven, turn it to about 200°F so it dries evenly.