Recipe by evelyn/athens
A Bon Appetit recipe. Serve with a leafy-green salad.
Top Review by threeovens
This was super delicious! I made it into appetizer servings, but wish I had made it a main dish. The shrimp was flavorful (and easy) and I could have eaten the melon salsa all day. Perhaps I will since I have more melons, etc.
- 8 -10 large uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons caribbean jerk seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup diced cantaloupe
- 3⁄4 cup diced honeydew melon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 4 lime wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Toss shrimp, oil, 2 teaspoons lime juice, and jerk seasoning blend in medium bowl. Let marinate 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss cantaloupe, honeydew, cilantro, red onion, and remaining 2 teaspoons lime juice in medium bowl. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper.
- Thread shrimp onto metal skewers. Grill until opaque in center, occasionally brushing with marinade, about 5 minutes. Serve with salsa and lime wedges.