Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hey mon, these are good! A nice change from traditional hot wings.
Make and share this Jerk Wings recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb butter
- 1 cup jamaican jerk spice
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup flour, approximately
- 5 lbs chicken wings, tips removed
- oil (for deep frying)
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat; when melted, stir in jerk spice mix, tabasco and juice; mix well and turn off heat; set aside.
- In a deep fryer, wok or large pot, heat about 2 inches of oil until hot enough for deep frying.
- Meanwhile, wash wings and pat dry with paper towel.
- Dust wings with flour and deepfry until done.
- Place cooked wings in jerk/butter mixture and let marinate for 2 minutes.
- Drain off excess liquid and serve immediately.
Lennie, these were great, what a nice change from the "usual" wings. We had "munchie night" last night (tryin gto clean out frigs and freezers) We have several bags of frozen wings, some already spiced up and others plain. I made your sauce and deep fried the plain wings and put them in to marinate. Thanks for this idea!