Recipe by Ally =)
This is a great soup recipe I found on WeightWatchers.com. It's very simple to make and has only 3 POINTS per serving!
Top Review by madriley61
I made this soup 2 days after Thanksgiving. Yesterday I made stock out of a turkey carcass and tonight made this soup from the left over meat. This is CRAZY good! I doubled the recipe and added an additional 2 cups of stock. I cooked it on the stove top for about 2 hours. These minor changes are all that I made and it turned out great! Thanks Ally for posting.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 lb skinless boneless turkey breast, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 14 1⁄2 ounces fire-roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 15 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups canned chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine allspice, cayenne, ginger, garlic salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add turkey and toss to coat; set aside for 15 minutes.
- Place turkey in a 5-quart slow cooker; add any spices remaining in bowl. Add garlic, onion, tomatoes, beans, broth, salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of pepper; stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 6 to 7 hours.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro; let sit for 5 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.