1/2 Photos of Jerk Turkey Slow Cooker Soup from Weight Watchers
7 hrs 30 mins
Ally =)'s Note:
This is a great soup recipe I found on WeightWatchers.com. It's very simple to make and has only 3 POINTS per serving!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 lb skinless boneless turkey breast, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 14 1/2 ounces fire-roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 15 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups canned chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1Combine allspice, cayenne, ginger, garlic salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper in a medium bowl.
- 2Add turkey and toss to coat; set aside for 15 minutes.
- 3Place turkey in a 5-quart slow cooker; add any spices remaining in bowl. Add garlic, onion, tomatoes, beans, broth, salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of pepper; stir.
- 4Cover and cook on LOW setting for 6 to 7 hours.
- 5Stir in lime juice and cilantro; let sit for 5 minutes for flavors to blend.
- 6Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jerk Turkey Slow Cooker Soup from Weight Watchers
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.3
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 1302.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 27.4 g