Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Betty Crocker. This is really just a grilled sandwich; not cooked on a panini press.
- 8 slices crusty bread (1/2-inch thick slices)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced cooked deli turkey
- 1 medium papaya, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄4 cup caribbean jerk seasoning, sauce or 1⁄4 cup fruit chutney
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread 1 side of each bread slices with margarine.
- Place 4 bread slices margarine side down; top with turkey, papaya, and cheese.
- Top with remaining bread slices, margarine sides up.
- Place sandwiches in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat (do in batches if necessary).
- Cover and cook 4-5 minutes, turning once, until bread is crisp and cheese is melted.
- Serve with sauce.