Recipe by adagger
I got this recipe from Food Network. These burgers are absolutely the best burgers I have ever eaten. They are so moist, delicious, and very healthy. I suggest serving on a whole wheat bun with ketchup ontop. If you can't find jerk seasoning use cumin, it's delicious.
Top Review by Chef Emm
These burgers were pretty good. Very oniony. Per the other reviews, we added about a third of a cup of bread crumbs. We also added an extra tablespoon of jerk seasoning, but we still couldn't taste the jerk. Overall, these burgers were fairly satisfying with pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, sharp cheddar, and mayo as toppings. Happy grilling!
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh watercress leaf
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons caribbean jerk seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, onion, bell pepper, egg whites, watercress, teriyaki sauce, and jerk seasoning until well blended.
- With clean hands, form the turkey mixture into 6 equal patties
- Heat a non-stick griddle over medium-high and spray twice lightly with canola oil cooking spray. Place each patty on griddle, in batches if necessary, and cook for 3 minutes. Flip burgers and cook for another 3 minutes. Alternatively, cook burgers on an outdoor grill for same amount of time.
- Remove patties from griddle, dress with your favorite condements and enjoy!