Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
All my sister and I knew we wanted for dinner one night was tofu. After walking around the store we gathered a mix of ingredients that ended up tasting DELICIOUS together.
- 1 (12 ounce) box firm tofu
- 1 (9 ounce) bottle jerk sauce
- 1⁄4 an onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (more or less depending on your taste for garlic)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package brown rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- Cut tofu into 1 inch slices. Poke each slice with a fork so that marinade can fully penetrate.
- Place tofu into a bag or container.
- Pour about 1/2 the bottle of jerk sauce over the tofu, or enough to cover the tofu completely.
- Add half of the minced onions to the tofu and marinade.
- Allow the tofu to sit for 30 minutes.
- Boil the brown rice.
- Put the rice into a large frying pan and add the pinto beans and the rest of the onions. Put on low heat.
- Add pepper and salt to the rice and pinto beans.
- Drain some of the sauce from the tofu. (DO NOT DRAIN MORE THAN HALF OF THE SAUCE.).
- Add the rest of the tofu and sauce into another large pan on medium high heat.
- Allow the tofu to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add to rice and beans.
- Raise to medium heat.
- Add garlic powder.
- Add salt and pepper. (I did not put a measurement on these ingredients because you should add according to your taste for salt and pepper.).
- Let it sit for about 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Not bad at all, and very good for you! To make this a quick weekday evening supper, I used up a can of organic brown rice and pinto beans, after first marinating the tofu for a while. I think if you like jerk seasonings you will like this. Thanks!