Recipe by Tanya Pants
Had something similar at an awesome local restaurant called the Reef a while ago that inspired me. If you love Jerk flavor and you love tacos- this is the one for you!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 250 ml refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup mild jerk sauce (From a jar or perhaps Jerk Chicken or #66422?)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 minced garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice (or to taste)
- 12 taco shells
- 1 medium yellow pepper, diced
- 3 small tomatoes (remove seeds and pulp and dice)
- 1⁄3 medium onion (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, chopped (red, pickled)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Keep at least 3 tbsp jerk sauce aside for basting.
- Marinade chicken breasts in the remaining jerk sauce for at least one hour.
- Shred cheese
- Mysterious Island Salsa: mix the yellow pepper, tomatoes, onion, jalepenos, cider vinegar and salt.
- Heat up the refried beans on medium-low.
- Stir in the water.
- Add the garlic and a hint of allspice (to taste).
- Keep at low heat until the chicken is ready, stirring occasionally.
- Throw the chicken on the bbq.
- Bush extra jerk sauce on the breasts as each side cooks.
- Warm up the shells.
- Cut the breasts into thin slices
- Layer the tacos in this order: cheese, refried beans, chicken, jerk sauce (if you like), Mysterious Island Salsa.
- Serve with Coleslaw.