1/1 Photo of Jerk Tacos
Tanya Pants's Note:
Had something similar at an awesome local restaurant called the Reef a while ago that inspired me. If you love Jerk flavor and you love tacos- this is the one for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 250 ml refried beans
- 1/2 cup mild jerk sauce (From a jar or perhaps Jerk Chicken or #66422?)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 minced garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice (or to taste)
- 12 taco shells
- 1 medium yellow pepper, diced
- 3 small tomatoes (remove seeds and pulp and dice)
- 1/3 medium onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno, chopped (red, pickled)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1Keep at least 3 tbsp jerk sauce aside for basting.
- 2Marinade chicken breasts in the remaining jerk sauce for at least one hour.
- 3Shred cheese
- 4Mysterious Island Salsa: mix the yellow pepper, tomatoes, onion, jalepenos, cider vinegar and salt.
- 5Heat up the refried beans on medium-low.
- 6Stir in the water.
- 7Add the garlic and a hint of allspice (to taste).
- 8Keep at low heat until the chicken is ready, stirring occasionally.
- 9Throw the chicken on the bbq.
- 10Bush extra jerk sauce on the breasts as each side cooks.
- 11Warm up the shells.
- 12Cut the breasts into thin slices
- 13Layer the tacos in this order: cheese, refried beans, chicken, jerk sauce (if you like), Mysterious Island Salsa.
- 14Serve with Coleslaw.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jerk Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (555 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1398.2
- Calories from Fat 701
- Total Fat 77.9 g
- Saturated Fat 32.9 g
- Cholesterol 268.7 mg
- Sodium 1694.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 89.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild jerk sauce