Inspired by two of my favorite RZ chefs, looneytoonsfan and Kittencalskitchen. As usual, I found more than one recipe I wanted to try and ended up combining them and adding a few ideas of my own. This is the result: my first scratched together BBQ sauce and my first RecipeZaar recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 medium yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 177.44 ml brown sugar (packed)
- 78.07 ml ketchup
- 78.07 ml apple cider vinegar
- 29.58-44.37 ml grape jam
- 29.58 ml liquid honey
- 29.58 ml mustard powder
- 14.79 ml steak sauce
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml dried oregano (rubbed between fingers to release the flavors)
- 4.92 ml wasabi powder
- 4.92 ml ground red pepper
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 1 lime, juice of, ripe
- 1Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- 2Add onion, garlic and fresh ginger. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- 3Combine remaining ingredients (except for cornstarch mixture) in medium bowl and mix thoroughly.
- 4Add liquid mixture to saucepan and simmer 20 minutes, adding cornstarch mixture during the last 5 minutes.
- 5Baste your ribs with sauce during the final 30 minutes in the oven.
- 6Serve remaining sauce with your meal.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jerk-Style BBQ Sauce for Oven Baked Pork Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 545.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 59.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: