Recipe by LoveToCookHateToClean
Inspired by two of my favorite RZ chefs, looneytoonsfan and Kittencalskitchen. As usual, I found more than one recipe I wanted to try and ended up combining them and adding a few ideas of my own. This is the result: my first scratched together BBQ sauce and my first RecipeZaar recipe.
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 medium yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 177.44 ml brown sugar (packed)
- 78.07 ml ketchup
- 78.07 ml apple cider vinegar
- 29.58-44.37 ml grape jam
- 29.58 ml liquid honey
- 29.58 ml mustard powder
- 14.79 ml steak sauce
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml dried oregano (rubbed between fingers to release the flavors)
- 4.92 ml wasabi powder
- 4.92 ml ground red pepper
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 1 lime, juice of, ripe
- 4.92 ml cornstarch (combined with 2 tablespoons cold water)
- 29.58 ml cold water (mix with cornstarch if you like your sauce extra thick and sticky)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic and fresh ginger. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except for cornstarch mixture) in medium bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add liquid mixture to saucepan and simmer 20 minutes, adding cornstarch mixture during the last 5 minutes.
- Baste your ribs with sauce during the final 30 minutes in the oven.
- Serve remaining sauce with your meal.