Recipe by The Range Rover
This is great served with a bed of cooked white rice with black bean salad and fresh fruit. Fast and great summer meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of dry jamaican jerk spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs of uncooked peeled deveined large shrimp (about 21 to30 or 16 to 20 extra large shrimp)
- 12 pieces fresh pineapple, 1 inch
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 16 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat coal or gas grill for direct heat.
- Mix oil, jerk seasoning and salt in large bowl. Add shrimp, pineapple and bell pepper; toss to coat.
- Thread shrimp, pineapple, and bell pepper alternately on each of four 12 to 15 inch meat skewers, leaving 1/4 inch space between each piece.
- Mix the preserves and lime juice; set aside.
- Cover and grill kabobs 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 4 minutes. Turn kabobs and brush with the preserve mixture. Cover and grill 4 to 8 minutes longer or until shrimp are pink and firm.