Prep 1 hr
Cook 4 mins
Weber's Real Grilling
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno chile, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 40 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Make the marinade: in a food processor, combine all the marinade ingredients; process until smooth.
- Put the shrimp in a large plastic zip-lock bag; pour in the marinade.
- Press out the air and seal the bag tightly; turn the bag to distribute the marinade and refrigerate for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers through both the heads and tails; grill over direct heat until the shrimp are firm to the touch and just opaque in the center, 2-4 minutes, turning once.
- Place on a serving platter, squeeze a little lime juice over the shrimp, and serve warm.
I was just getting ready to post this recipe...it is, BY FAR, the best marinade for shrimp. I cannot explain how delicious it is. I have been using Weber's recipe for a few years now, and I always make this for dinner parties. They always go really quickly. Everyone always wants the recipe. I know it looks like a lot of ingredients, but once you have them, you will keep them for a long time. I have discovered that I use many of the dry ingredients in other recipes as well. Go for this one- you will NOT be sorry!